LOVE

LOVE
I LOVE YOU

Sunday 1 May 2011

Quack, quack, quack...


Crisp autumn air braced my cheek. Distracted by the sting, I bumped into a strange man. He seemed a pleasant character, idly standing on the corner of Vine and Maple. You know the spot, right next to the old Royal bank. I greeted him a fair morning, he quacked back.

"What's this?" I said, "You sound like a duck to me!"

"Quack, quack quack!" he gingerly replied.

"Very well then my good sir; may I wish you a wonderful day."

"Quack, quack." echoed his nonsensical reply.


An hour or so later; I arrived home from my walk. More than a little disheveled; I described to my wife the brief encounter with the duck. She listened intently, nothing seemed amiss until she replied.

"Quack, quack quack."

Decades passed, we never spoke of that fateful "duck" day. In time; the memory faded, becoming so distant it may have been a dream.

Now, in the autumn of my life, I gush as a warm spring zephyr clears cobwebs of winter from my mind. I find myself idly standing under the old Maple tree next to our local bank. Rounding the corner, with reckless abandon; a young man crashes into my reverie. For a brief moment, our eyes lock. His handsome, rugged strength and unbridled enthusiasm reminds me of my youth long past.

" fjklga rlta fklsak cdkgl flgtr." He states with a smile.

"Quack, quack, quack." I reply in equal bewilderment.

"hfkl tkwlyyo tiwoutp gs ;lafj." winking as he walked away.

"Qua..." deja vu.

The End.


We can read this quaint little story laughing at the idiocy, or, search for truth within. Rarely do we take a close look into the essence of our being. What does it mean to be human? Now that you have finished my little story, please take a moment to answer the multiple choice test question below.

Question:
What are you?

Answer:
a.) Duck
b.) Human
c.) Omnipotent God
d.) All of the above

In Lak' ech, my brethren, quack quack love....

11 comments:

  1. answer: "quack, quack, quack"
    beautiful post friend. Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Namaste sister Jenny, happy you enjoyed it. We all seem to have a hard time figuring out who we are. Because of this; we often speak the same language in a different way. Peace and love.

    In Lak' ech,

    ReplyDelete
  3. brother,
    this is why reminders such as these coming from you and the rest of these other wonderful persons are important so that we can be guided in figuring out who we truly are. the onslaught of the "glamor of the outer life" do often make us forget ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Namaste brother Sito, thank you for your visit today. Just a little fun with this blog, I wanted something short and light.

    In Lak' ech, brother Sito, love beyond all fear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think am human most of the time:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Namaste sister Toyin, I am human as well. That is when I fail to recognise my status as omnipotent God.

    In Lak' ech, love in many different words...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Chris:

    I will say I am Man being human with the inherent ability to connect to All Of The Above and when I do, I Am that I Am.

    I also have the ability to communicate with ducks from time to time since we have 4 crazy ducks where I work.

    Take care,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  8. Namaste Mike, very well stated. The beauty of the "I am" is that anything may follow.

    In Lak' ech, my brother, I am Mike...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Namaste sister Bani, looks like your comment was zapped by the blogspot network problems. Thanks for stopping by, always nice to share your company.

    In Lak' ech, sister Bani, lost ripples of love...

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a wonderful website the site owner has done a great job thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Namaste, thank you for your kind words College Essays. Happy you enjoyed your visit look forward to your return.

    In Lak' ech, love is all there is...

    ReplyDelete